I qualified in Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting and worked a number of years in the Health Service. I have also worked in a support role in Education. I then trained and qualified to Diploma Level 5 in Psychotherapeutic Counselling. The core model studied was Integrative, which draws from a set of therapeutic approaches. I have completed a Transactional Analysis Foundation year. I work intuitively mainly from a Person-Centred and Transaction Analysis perspective.
I have gained:
- Level 1 Introduction to Counselling and Effective Listening Skills
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Practice
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Psychotherapy Foundation in Transactional Analysis.
I have additional training in, ‘Boarding School Syndrome,’ Addiction, Boundaries in Professional Ethical Practice, Concepts of Transactional Analysis, Gender and Sexual Diversity.
I am focused on maintaining my professional development by attending training and study days whenever possible.
I adhere to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Ethical Framework and the National Counselling Society (NCS) Code of Practice. I am on an Accredited Register that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.